Privacy and Security Policy
Privacy and Security Policy
(Effective from April 15th 2021)
Last update on (April, 15th 2021)
PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) ("BRI") is fully aware that personal data is most important asset for you, therefore BRI highly appreciates the confidentiality and protection of your personal data when using BRI's banking products and/or services.
BRI always improving and updating our services in order to protect the privacy and security of your personal data as our customers.
- Banking services from BRI including savings, loans, and other banking services not limited to investment product, credit card, internet banking, trade finance products, BRILink services and other BRI services; and
- Websites, features, applications, social media, or any other form provided by BRI.
(hereinafter referred to as "Services")
(hereinafter referred to as "You")
- Purpose of Processing Personal Data
BRI shall Process your personal data for the following objectives:
- To Implement Know Your Customers (KYC) principle and privide personalization to You regarding the use of services provided by BRI;
- To carry out the mandate of prevailling laws and regulations;
- To solve problems relating to access to Services (troubleshoot);
- For marketing purposes of the Services and Products offered by BRI. These include, sending promotions, new products, news, surveys, and service-related updates;
- To evaluate and update features of BRI services from time to time;
- For the Processung of personal data in order to generate Your profile data;
- To offer loyalty programs, such as gifts, sweepstakes, etc.; and
- For advertisements / promotions purposes as well as offers from parties cooperating with BRI.
- Personal Data Collected by BRI
BRI obtains and collects information that identifies and/or identifiable individually or combined by other infromation either direcly or indirectly through electronic and/or non-electronic system related to such information, in this case is limited to Services ("Personal Data")
Your Personal Data collected by BRI can be provided directly by You or from third parties (such as when You register or use the Services, when You contact Call BRI customer service). BRI will collect Your Personal Data in various forms and purposes, including those permitted by laws and regulations in force in the Republic of Indonesia.
Your Personal Data collected in the provision of this Service are:
- Personal Data required by BRI to provide Services includes general and special category of Personal Data, as follow:
- Full name;
- Place and date of birth;
- Birth Name and Biological Mother;
- Latest Education;
- Identity Number / Passport / Child Registration / Card /Student Card;
- Mobile Phone Number;
- Email address;
- Office / home phone number: and/or
- Personal Data that is combined to identify a person.
Special Catagory Data:
- Biometric data that allows unique identification of individuals but is not limited to face images, fingerprints, voice recordings;
- Personal financial data but not limited to Income and Taxpayers numbers: and/or
- Other data is in accordance with the provisions of the applicale laws and regulations.
In addition, to the extent the other informations, including personal profiles and/or identifications, is associated or incorporated in Personal Data, such infromation shall also consitute as Personal Data. You have the option to provide additional Personal Data to BRI for Your account personalization needs beyond those mentioned above:
- Data of tracing upon the information that are collected when You are using Services provided by BRI. information relating to yout Personal Data including but nit limited to:
- Search data, browsing history (including recorded date and time);
- Your interest of preferences collected form using Services;
- Photos, voices, contacts, call history of other interactions on the Services that are permitted by You to be accessed through the device You own. BRI never scan or collects phots on the album and/or camera on Your device.
- Personal data created and obtained from the use of BRI services including but not limited to:
- Technical processed data, such as mobile positioning, location scoring, and advanced profiling;
- Information on data obtained from the use of banking Services accessed by You, such as bill payments and your profile and segmentation.
- Personal Data from the BRI Bussiness Group and/or other participating third parties in partnership with BRI or collaborating with BRI.
- Display, Announcement, Transfer, Distribution and Disclosure of Personal Data
BRI will not sell, exchange, display, announce, transfer, distribute, and/or disclose Personal Data and any information relating to customers, visitors, or users of BRI Services.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and details and must always maintain and be responsible for the security of the device You use to access BRI Services.
The Customers hereby acknowledges and if required by the applicable Personal Data Protection regulations, expressly agrees that the Personal Data which are obtained and collected by BRI, together with relevant transaction information, can be disclosed to authorized government agencies, or other authorized parties by BRI based on the laws or cooperation agreements, in the following conditions:
- For the interest of the applicable laws and regulations and/or to rspond to on-going legal proccedings;
- To protect the safety of BRI, Your safety or the safety of others or for legitimate interests in the context of:
- National security
- Law enforcemenr process
- State administration
- Supervisory in the financial services sector, monetary, payment, system and financial sytem stability;
- Data aggregate rpocessing intended for the framework of the state administration; and/or
- An emergency that has been determined by the goverment;
- For the purpose of internal audit and/or digital forensic for criminal acts or violations or policies within BRI and its affiliated companies;
- If necessary, in connection with any legal proccedings filed againts BRI, its officers, employees, affiliates, or related vendors;
- To establish implement, protect, defend, and enforce the legal rights of BRI;
- To disclose Personal data to third parties, to ensure the best services provided byBRI to You and assist the Indonesian goverment and its supporting institutions for the implementation of state functions.
This disclosure is carried out in consideration of the security aspect to ensure that no data is misused during the disclosure.
- Storage of Personal data
BRI is committed to store Your Personal Data with the best protection to the extent it is necessary to provide the Services. Some of Your Persnal Data may also be managed, processed and stored by third parties who work with BRI both within or outside the Indonesian territory in order to maintain the performance of the Service while complying with the obligations for access and effectiveness of supervision in accordance with applicable laws.
BRI will store Personal Data as mentioned above as long as needed to fulfill the purpose of Personal Data collecting, while You are still using the Service, or as long as such storage is required or permitted in accordance with BRI's data retention policy and the laws and regulations in the Republic of Indonesia.
BRI can transfer Personal Data outside the territory of the Republic of Indonesia as long as this is required in the context of provisioning Banking Services to customers (for example: remittance services, issuance of foreign trade financing instruments, etc).
BRI will stop storing Your Personal Data, or eliminate the ways in which Your Personal Data can be associated with You, as soon as reasonable to assume that the Personal Data collecting purpose is no longer fulfilled by the storage of the related Personal Data and such storage is no longer needed for legal and business purposes.
- Access to your Personal Data
BRI is committed to fulfill Your right to access Your Personal Data, collected and processed by BRI. In fulfilling such request to access to Your personal data, BRI may reject Your request if BRI finds the request for Your Personal Data fulfills one or more of the following conditions;
- Endanger the safety or physical health or mental health of the Personal Data owner and/or other people;
- Have an impact on the disclosure of Personal Data belonging to others; and/or;
Contradicts to the interests of national defense and security. For further information regarding Your request to access Personal Data, You can contact the communication channels available hereunder.
- Alteration of Your Personal Data
In the event that You discover any mistake displayed in regards to Your Personal Data due to inaccuracy or any update to Your Personal Data, You may request BRI to alter, complete and/or update Your Personal Data processed within BRI, by contacting the availabe channel communications hereunder. In the event that there are inaccuracies in providing personal data from Data Subjects, BRI has the right to terminate services and/or transactions based on the knowledge and considerations of the Bank.
We urge You to take an active role in ensuring the accuracy and updating Your Personal Data from time to time.
- Erasure and Destructions of Personal Data
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations or the data retention policy of BRI or at Your Request, BRI may erase and/or destroy your Personal Data from the system (right to erase) so that the data no longer identifies You, except in the case that:
- BRI needs to store Personal Data to fulfill legal obligations, the need for future proof, tac, audit and accounting obligations, BRI will store the Personal Data needed as long as You are using BRI's Service or according to the time period required by the applicable laws and regulations;and/or
- Personal Data in Your Information Data is still in retention period based on the applicable laws and regulations.
With regards to the need to destroy Your Personal Data from the system (right to erase), a written application is required to be submitted by You to the Head Office of BRI to destroy Personal Data in BRI's system.
IX. Personal Data Security
The confidentiality of Your Personal Data is the top priority of BRI. BRI is committed to provide its best efforts to protect and secure Your Personal Data fromthe access to any collection, processing, analyzing, storage, disclosure, correction, and, deletion by unauthorized parties.
In the event illegal access and activities against the confidentiality of Your Personal Data which is beyond the control of BRI, BRI will immediately notify You at the earliest to reduce the risks arising from it.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Personal Data details, including information about username, password, email or OTP (One Time Password) to anyone and to always maintain and be responsible for the security of the device You are Using.
X. Acknowledgement and Approval
You can withdraw your consent for any or all of the collection, use, disclosure or Your Personal Data at any time by providing reasonable written notice to the contact listed below.
Subject to the circumstances a nature of the agreement You withdrew, You must understand and acknowledge that BRI is authorized to fulfill or not to fulfill the request of the withdrawl of the consent. If BRI approves the withdrawl of the consent, You will no longer be able to use BRI services. Withdrawl of consent by You may result in the termination of Your account or Your contractual relationship with BRI, where all rights and obligations of each party are still fully protected.
XI. Service Settings
You can choose not to receive marketing services, advertising, or other activites related to the processing of Personal Data above by contacting BRI through the contact details available under the notification or through other mechanism prepared by each of our Services. Please note, if You choose not to receive a service, BRI has still the right to send You information regarding BRI services, for any other services You are using.
XIII. Contact Us
- Call Center: 14071/1500 017
- Email: email@example.com
- FB Messenger: BANK BRI
- Whatsapp: 08121214017
- Telegram: User@kontakbri/Number 08121214017
- Security System
BRI uses 2 (two) layers of security systems to protectyour access and transactions at www.bri.co.id namely:
- Secure Socket Layer ("SSL")
SSL is a security technology that 'scrambles' the path between computers so that it can not by others.
- User ID and Password for www.bri.co.id site administrator.
Due to wide variety of internet browsers available, it is difficult to provide services that follow the security of each browser. BRI currently only provides a more accessable www.bri.co.id facility using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10 and above, Mozilla Firerox version 2.0.0 or above or Safari version 4.0.3 and above. BRI apologize for the inconvenience.
- Site Communication Protection www.bri.co.id
BRI uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 256 bit encryption technology to protect communications between your computer and BRI service as long as you access www.bri.co.id
To ensure communication protection as long as you access www.bri.co.id you can do the following:
- Check SSL certificates regularly to ensure that you receive a valid SSL certificate that has been registered for www.bri.co.id
- If you receive a message explaining thatthe certificate is invalid, please do not continue to access www.bri.co.id
- Make sure that you have typed the correct address ie www.bri.co.id
- Make sure that your browser has a padlock/ lock indicating that the page you are currently accessing is encrypted using SSL. If you do not see a lock/lock image, please do not exchange personal information.
- You should not access on a network that is not secure.
- .BRI Website
In the BRI website, BRI provides URL links to other sites that are not controlled by BRI. BRI is not responsible for the content and security of the site. If you access the site, please check their privacy and security policy.
In case you access the site through a URL link from another site, make sure the truth of the address you access is www.bri.co.id